As the holidays and end of 2017 comes to a close, I am hoping to get some time to sit down and reflect on all the memories from the past year. I love taking a few minutes to see what all we accomplished over the last year and use it for ideas to set intentions for the New Year.
New Years Eve is a lot different than it used to be. There is no more getting all dressed up and going out but I wouldn’t have it any other way. My ideal New Years Eve would be with close friends and family at a cabin in the mountains. Not this year — we will be home and likely won’t even make it to midnight. Good thing we can celebrate with the East coast at 9pm when the ball drops in Times Square!
Since we were blessed with a magical white Christmas and didn’t get out for our Christmas Day hike, we are planning to try for a New Years Day hike or a family run by the water. Running is always better when you have gorgeous scenery like these photos down by Golden Gardens. One thing I have learned over the last year with two little ones is have a plan but be prepared to go with the flow. The plan we envision never becomes reality but somehow the memories we make end up better than that plan we made!!
I’m sharing a few ideas on how to be active on New Years Eve or New Years Days:
- Hike – hiking is free and gets you outside!
- Go for run or walk – Another inexpensive way to get fresh air and get the heart rate up.
- Sign up for a workout class — I personally recommend a Barre3 if you have studio near you!
- Home workout — find a service online like CodyApp and stream a video. You don’t even have to leave the house.
- Find a sport you love and make it competitive with family – I am sure we will create more family traditions around sports as the boys get older.
Hope this motivates you to have an active New Years Eve and New Years Day! Start the new year off right!! Make it fun!!
SHOP THE POST